Milwaukee County

How do I know if I have molybdenum in my drinking water?

Molybdenum is a naturally occurring metal found in small amounts in soil and rock. It can also be found in
groundwater, either naturally occurring or as the result of industrial activities. Some molybdenum is
necessary in a healthy diet, but too much can cause problems. If you have molybdenum in your drinking
water, this fact sheet can help you decide whether you need to seek an alternative supply of drinking water.
The only way to know if you have molybdenum in your water is to have your water tested by a state
certified laboratory. Find a certified laboratory by searching the telephone directory under "Laboratories Testing." The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) maintains a list of labs certified to test for molybdenum:


Other Communities

A Service

Guthrie & Frey Water Conditioning provides complete whole house water filtration systems for our customers throughout the Milwaukee area including Waukesha County including Brookfield, Elm Grove, Delafield, Eagle, Genesee, Lisbon, Menomonee Falls, Merton, Hartland, Mukwonago, Muskego, New Berlin, Oconomowoc, Ottawa, Pewaukee, Summit, Vernon, Waukesha, Sussex, Wales. Ozaukee County including Belgium, Cedarburg, Fredonia, Saukville, Port Washington, Mequon, Bayside & Thiensville. Washington County including Hartford, West Bend, Addison, Erin, Germantown, Jackson, Kewaskum, Polk, Jackson, Richfield, Slinger. Milwaukee County including Bayshore & River Hills. Racine County, Sturtevant & Walworth County including East Troy & Richmond. We are a core dealer selling all product lines of Hellenbrand Water Softeners, Iron Curtain Systems, and Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Systems. We also sell Water Right products.