GFTM Series: Guthrie & Frey Water Conditioner
Wisconsin Home Water Softener System
Hard water can be much more problematic than you think. It can cause buildup of mineral scale inside your appliances and plumbing. It can block your water supply and cause appliances like dishwashers and washing machines to fail. Hard water stains kitchen and bathroom fixtures and also reduces the effectiveness of soaps and detergents, meaning that you and your clothing don’t get as clean. There are various water softener systems available to eliminate this hard water build up and supply your home with clean and safe water.
End the troubles of hard water with a Guthrie & Frey water conditioner. Our GF series water softener system removes hard minerals from your water leaving it soft, clean and better tasting. Enjoy the benefits of a Guthrie & Frey water softener for your home.
Why Wisconsin homeowners choose GF Series Water Softener System:
- Energy efficiency. The energy used by a GF water softener costs less than $2.00 per year.
- Cost-effectiveness. On-Demand (a.k.a. “metered”) technology guarantees the uninterrupted flow of soft water by regenerating only when needed automatically.
- Economical. Significantly extends the life of your plumbing, appliances, and fixtures. Use less laundry, bath, and kitchen soap.
Pressure vessels are seamless and made of fiberglass, pressure-tested at 300 psi.
Various Mineral tank sizes including 8×44, 10×47 and 12×52 (Dia. x HT).
Maximum service flow ranges from 13.2 to 19.1 GPM (Gallons Per Minute).
Advantages GF Series
- Soft water improves the efficiency of water-based heating systems and hot water systems. This can extend the life of your water heater by 50%.
- Use only half the soap in the laundry, bathroom, and kitchen as you normally would with hard water.
- Save money on hair conditioners and shaving cream by using up to 25% less product.
- Extend the lives of dishwashers, washing machines and other water-using appliances by 30%.
- Laundered clothes will be cleaner and last longer
Benefits GF Series
- Pressure drop at 15 psi.
- Pressure vessels are seamless and made of fiberglass, pressure-tested at 300 psi
- Brine tanks are fabricated of seamless, rigid, tough, high-impact, non-toxic polyethylene.
- 50 psi inlet pressure.
- Various Mineral tank sizes including 8×44, 10×47 and 12×52 (Dia. x HT).
- Maximum service flow ranges from 13.2 to 19.1 GPM (Gallons Per Minute).
Hear from us why the GF Series is right for you!
More To Learn About This Water Softener System
How does a Guthrie & Frey Water Softener System Work?
- The untreated water enters the Control Valve where it is directed into the top of the Resin Tank and passes downward through a bed of resin. The resin will react with Calcium and Magnesium, the hardness minerals, by equally exchanging them for Sodium. When the water reaches the bottom of the tank, it is distributed up through a tube in the center of the tank into the Control Valve and through the outlet port as softened water.
- When the resin is saturated with mineral (hard water) it must be regenerated. After a backwash step to clean the resin bed, a brine solution is flushed through the resin tank, bathing the resin beads with Sodium which replace the accumulated Calcium and Magnesium (hardness).
- After brine is drawn into the resin tank, a rinse of just water passes through the bed rinsing the brine off. When the rinse cycles are finished, the resin cleaning process is complete and the bed is re-charged.
- The Control Valve will track your water usage and automatically perform the above processes.
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It
“Very, Very happy from start to finish with Guthrie and Frey! Professional, friendly and knowledgeable! Would highly recommend. Installed a new water Softener for us.”
“Mike the sales guy was very good at explaining what my options were for a water softener. Once I selected the right equipment they called back within 30 minutes to schedule the install. The install guy was very professional and did great Job. Now I never have to listen to my wife say the hard water is ruining her hair!”
“Purchased a new water softener and had it installed. Everyone at G&F I dealt with was knowledgeable, professional and exceedingly pleasant to deal with. I thought Adam, the installer did an exceptional job.”
“This company has the best customer service!!! They have done several projects for us including RO and water softner. They had to come back to help us with an issue which they quickly scheduled and took care of. I couldn’t be happier with the service. Thank you!”
“Great customer service. The technicians that installed the softener unit were so patient and informative. I’ll recommend Guthrie and Frey any day!”
Request a Quote
Ready to get started? Request information fast from one of our water conditioning specialists.